10/27/07

Circle takes the square

There we were,sitting at that rusty old subway. You are my finest work of art.
Your hand slides down my thigh,shivering.
Just let go,I tell myself.
"GO! Now! See that metro in motion?" "Jump,now!" "What?!?!"
Just jump on it,trust me.
I assured you. You were hesitant.
More than a dog shitting out worms.
I kind of liked the way you look when you're all hot and nervous.
Did I really just say that out loud?Man.
You took the leap,then took it back.
No Indian-giving,I said. I made you who you are today.
Now when you look back,you'll be proud to say you took that chance. And made that jump,with me by your side. When I see you,I really see you upside down.
It doesn't make sense in the beginning,but after a few supplements, it all clears out of my There we sat,at that Subway...misinterpreted,complex brain.
We took that leap,that chance.
We're one in a million,by far.